Thursday, April 17, 2008

Travel Makes Me Hungry

As the excellent magazine Saveur has proved, food and travel go together. When I'm traveling, I'll try out new restaurants and go to local markets as much as I'll visit historical sites and museums. Seeing what people eat and how they shop reveals as much about their world as their history and art.

But travel these days often means BYO because if you don't, you'll go hungry. Last month I talked about bringing food with you when you travel.

A good friend and well-known travel writer, Peter Greenberg, invited me to contribute some thoughts about food and travel. With generous help from Sarika Chawla who runs the site for Peter, the result is up now: A Food Lovers Five Easy Travel Tips. Take a look and let me know what you think. Peter's site is a must if you do any traveling.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This blog is so helpful. I have been reading this blog for some time. My husband and I are enjoying all the travel tips. Really some of these photos local markets made me hungry. I can’t wait to try some of your travel tips. I really appreciate it. I hope to travel maybe I'll also be hungry. This is really a well laid out website. You seem to really love your site.

Thanks
simon
tokyo

Pickle Me Up! It's Thanksgiving!

Pickles are delicious anytime of the year. For Thanksgiving they are especially good. Their crunch and acidity counterbalances the delicious...